We’ve just released Exposong-0.7-beta1! It’s got a lot of changes and improvements. Links to download it are below.
If at all possible, we hope to have the final release out before September. We plan to have packages for Windows, Ubuntu (Debian), and possibly Fedora (Red Hat). This should make it a lot easier for people to use ExpoSong in the future.
I’m glad to have Samuel Mehrbrodt as a new contributor to the project, who has brought a lot of good ideas and improvements to ExpoSong. It also has encouraged me to get going on the new release.
- Using OpenLyrics to store Lyrics. This brings a lot of additional features. We will be integrating more in the future.
- User can change the output monitor in dual screen mode.
- Display songbook number on presentation (more improvements to this in the next release).
- Save and restore the main window’s state.
- Undo/Redo in most edit dialogs.
- Improved shortcuts.
I hope to not have many problems with this release, but it is labeled a beta because it is pre-release. If you see a problem, or just have an idea for a feature, use our Issue Tracker. Glance over the issue list, and submit a new one if you do not see that it already exists. If you have the time and ability, you can always submit patches as well. Check out the project.
We’re looking for translators! We’re now using a simplified web interface. If you’re interested, please go to the ExpoSong Launchpad project site to get started.